Concept of Cookies
Cookies are a tool used by Web servers to store and recover information about their visitors and users.
They are a text file that some servers install during navigation and provide information such as: the location where the web is accessed, the connection time, the device from which it is accessed (home or mobile), the operating system and browser used, the most visited pages, the number of clicks and amount of data regarding the user’s performance in Internet.
They do not provide refernces that enable to deduct the user’s name and surname and cannot read data from their hard disk nor include virus in their computers. Likewise, cookies implanted in the hard disk from other serveres can not be read.
Why are they important?
The website is accesible without cookies having to be activated, although deactivating them may hinder its proper functioning.
From a tecnichal point of view cookies enable sites to work in a more agile way and adjust to the users’ preferences, such as storing the language, the currency of the country, or detecting the access device.
They establish protection and security levels which stop or hinder cyber attacks against the website or its users.
They allow the media management to be able to know statistical data gathered to improve the quality and experience of their services.
They are used to optimize the advertising shown to the users, thus offering the most appropriate for their interests.
A Cookies Notice appears on the website, which the user or visitor can accept, giving express consent to the use of the cookings as follows:
The users can set up their browser to reject by default all the cookies or to receive a notice on the screen of the reception of each cookie and decide whether to install them in the hard disk.
Setting up the browser
This acceptance may be revoked by using the privacy and content setting options available. The Owner recommends that users check the help in their browser or use the help websites of the main browsers: Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safair, Chrome.
Types of Cookies used in the Web
The user who navigates on the Web may find cookies inserted directly by the owner, or cookies inserted by other entities different from the owner, according to the information detailed in the following paragraphs:
- Session Cookies expire when the user leaves the page or closes the browser, that is, they are active during the visit to the website and therefore they are deleted from our computer when leaving.the website.
- Permanent cookies expire when the objective for which they are used is reached or when they are manually deleted, they have a deletion date and are normally used in the process of shopping online, personalizations or in the registration, in order not to have to enter a password constantly.
Depending on the entity that manages the computer or domain from where cookies are sent and processes the data gathered, we can distinguish between own cookies and third party cookies.
- Own cookies are those sent to the user’s computer and are managed exclusively by us for the best performance of the Website. The information gathered is used to improve the quality of our service and your experience as a user.
- When the user interacts with the content of our website, third party cookies can also be established (for example when pressing the social network buttons or viewing videos included in another website). They are those established by a different domain from our website. We cannot access the data stored in the cookies of other websites when navigating in those websites.
You may check cookies and privacy settings clicking on the following link.
ACTIVE COOKIES IN WWW.DISTROPVISION.es
Necessary technical cookies
The necessary technical cookies have to be always activated so that we can save your cookie settings preferences. Basically, this web will not work properly if cookies are not activated.
THIRD PARTY COOKIES
La web de www.distropvision.es utiliza las siguientes cookies:
The user can choose, at any time, which cookies can be active in this website by means of:
- A correct setting of the specific browser being used: Chrome; Explorer; Firefox; o Safari
- Specific systems (named opt-out) indicated above. In order to deactivate the specific cookie this type of systems may require the installation in the user’s computer of a cookie named “rejection”.
- Third party tools, which allow users to detect the cookies in each website visited and manage its deactivation (for example, Ghostery).